A new project is about to start here at Solidicon, a racing simulation game built using Unity3D which aims to captivate its players with cinematic prowess and engaging graphics while still performing on lower end devices. We are now looking for a Lead Technical Artist to join the team to make this a reality. A team which today consists of highly skilled talent with experience from, among other, DICE, Ghost Games and Sony.
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be the bridge between art and code. You will work closely with programmers, artists and game designers to ensure performance and visual fidelity of active game projects. This includes helping artists optimize assets and shaders, creating scripts to speed up the internal workflow and acting as a support regarding performance and technical limitations during game ideation sessions.
In contrast to many large game studios, at Solidicon you will not become a forgotten cog in the wheel but a valued member of the team and company. Therefore, you will be given the opportunity to give your personal touch to the game design, visuals and audio.
This is an on-site, with reasonable flexibility, job located in central Göteborg and you need to be able to understand Swedish speech and text.
- Be the liaison between art and code, artists and programmers
- Oversee and maintain graphical performance of active game projects
- Develop and maintain shader graphs in Unity3D
- Help artists optimize materials, assets and shaders
- Develop and maintain the workflow between artists, programmers and Unity3D
- Develop and maintain tools to make the workflow more efficient for artists and programmers
- An empathetic and servant leader
- 3+ years of C# experience
- 5+ years of coding experience
- 5+ years of 3D engine experience
- Experience with programs such as Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, ZBrush and Illustrator
- Preferably experienced with Unity3D
- Preferably experienced with DirectX and OpenGL
- Passionate about games
- Highly competitive salary
- Highly competitive yearly bonus
- Private pension plan
- Yearly teambuilding trips to warm and sunny countries
- Considerable wellness allowance